Monday, March 30, 2009

What a Difference a Weekend Can Make

I tempted fate with my back still not feeling 100% and decided that I had not sewn in my studio for far too long. I got to spend the whole weekend, or the majority of it, in studio at the sewing machine. It was really great.

These are the weekly quilts for March. The theme is "Historic Lady Collage". I had envisioned these being more "crusty" for collage, but I lose courage to continue to alter them, so the paint and stamping ideas went by the wayside. Part of the reason to leave that be was that I used some hand-dyed damask napkins I thrifted. There were only 3 napkins, and they were stained, so dyeing them last year was a fun project.
The quotes are what the ladies actually said, usually attributed through letters. I had envisioned Marie Antoinette saying "Let them eat cake", but that has been since not been attributed to her. So the even more fun "Don't Worry, I'll be fine" is somehow better. Prophetic.

I also made these cute Vintage Romance ATCs for a swap I'm in at Atcsforall.com. I made one extra for me, and one extra to swap later. I used some hand made vintage French lace on these that I almost couldn't cut into. They turned out so sweet.

I'm excited to get more sewing done this week, and next weekend should make progress on "The Road to Home". I hope to show it in May.

2 comments:

Jim said...

The "Historic Ladies" are hilarious! They would make fantastic greeting cards.

Carol said...

Love the ATC's.