Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Recycling from IQA Chicago


My weekly quilt this week is firmly on the theme of "recycled" for April. As I described on my earlier post about the show, and the "Surviving the Runway" luncheon, I took some of the scraps on the table to use in this week's quilt. I think this makes a perfect memento of the event, and our win for our table team.

Used here are tissue paper, a bingo card, a paper doily, gesso, pink paint to take down the bingo card color, ink from a stamp pad in the prize pack I won, and Wright's hem tape used on our model, that was origianlly grey but I dyed with pomegranate juice. Too bad this is not 5x5 inches (my weekly quilts are 6x6) or I would enter it into Quilting Art's current reader challenge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got over here to check out your post about the quilt fest. and see this - it's wonderful - I think what I like most about it is how unexpected that bingo card is - love it!