Friday, November 18, 2011

Artist's Reception and Tour at Fermi National Laboratory

My piece "Misunderstood"
I am a big fan of particle physics.  I even considered it as a career path once.  So when I found out I was juried into the SAQA exhibit "Stitched Together: Art & Science" I was super thrilled to visit the lab and see my work.
Robert Wilson, the first director of Fermilab, worked art into as much as he could on the lab grounds, including his own sculptures and the roads in the shapes of mathematical symbols. (Pi is above)
I used to come to Fermilab on Saturdays for physics lectures when I was in high school (over 20 years ago), and it brought back a lot of memories. 
Let's pre-accelerate particles to 7500 miles per second! Go Cockcroft-Walton device
We even got to see the pre-accelerator in action!
Look at me still talking when there's Science to do...
I enjoyed seeing people interact with my work! 
It's a great exhibit, so please visit it if you get a chance!

No comments: