Monday, August 16, 2010

This N That #14

How fast has this summer blown by?  I can't even tell you...
**********************
So these are the bouquets of flowers made for my sister's wedding.  They are all finished except for a couple of things left to fiddle with.  I think they turned out just like the picture of them in my head, so that makes me happy, and ultimately all of the hard work worth it.  There are also about 20 boutonnieres as well as the bridesmaids and bride's bouquets. The blue/teal one is the bride's, the larger of the other two is for the maid/matron of honor, and the smaller one is for the rest of the attendants.
**********************
The lecture our Fiber DIVAS group gave for the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild went really well.  I was a bit concerned how to show my small quilts when I thought of mounting them temporarily to foam core boards.  I used examples from each year as representative of my work and filled 3 black foam core boards.  We had a good time, and I hear they enjoyed our talk, so that made it even better.  I've been toying with the idea of developing a whole lecture on small weekly journal quilts and the trunk show of my quilts to go with it, so this was a nice exercise to see if that could work out.
***********************
I am hoping I get a chance to get outside and try some dyeing techniques for when the "Technique of the Week" resumes.  I would hate to have been so busy that I missed all the good hot dyeing weather.
***********************
If you will be a the CREATE event on Friday Aug 27th, I will be there taking a class and attending the Artist Vendor Faire.  I hope if you will be there too you can stop by the Quilting Arts online forum and let me know so we can meet up!

1 comment:

Willow River Piecemakers said...

Great job on the fabric flowers! I am jealous! You get to go to Create! Have loads of fun and can't wait to hear about how it goes!