Tuesday, July 06, 2010

This N That #12

Trying to get back on a normal schedule of sleeping and eating after a trip overseas, then back to back trips out of town each weekend is pretty darn hard.  Really.  This has contributed to how far behind I have fallen on my artwork.  Yikes!  
***************************
That's momma bird Ethel's babies, the mourning dove family that had taken up residence in my now-dead fuschia plant.  She had one baby and one egg when we returned from vacation, and eventually both eggs hatched, and the babies have since grown up and flown away.  We were so worried about the plant staying up during some recent bad weather, but so far it's hanging on, and stayed up while it's family was there.  Ethel has not returned to make a future nest in the plant, and I've put other plants in the planter since.  Both hubby and I miss her.
***************************
So my quilt was all packed up and ready to go to the AQS show in Knoxville, TN, which hubby had to mail while I was away for work so it arrived on time.  I needed to put a new sleeve on it because my old sleeve didn't meet the AQS guidelines.  My sleeves are always sewn into the binding, so I will have to rethink that for future competition quilts.
***************************
I have so many ideas and things I want to do for my artwork, but the summer isn't just going to cooperate with me to get them done.  I am traveling a lot for comic book shows this year, so I'll be in a different city each weekend.  Good thing DH doesn't mind being a bachelor.
***************************



No comments: