Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walking in Memphis

By the time you read this, I'll be in Memphis TN for the comic book industry job I have. Be there through Sunday. Missing my brother's birthday and my sister's candle party...

My back is not fully recovered so no sewing has happened in the studio. Lots of reading and crocheting, but little sewing. The ideas are building up, and the big IQA show in Chicago is looming with all kinds of ideas and classes to take and money to spend there...

I am teaching my Fiber Art Divas group how to make the Yo Yo Flowers (sorry for those of you still waiting on the pattern). I'll let you know how it goes. This is just coming off of teaching it as a half hour demo at the Riverwalk Quilt Guild's Gathering show.

I have a project to take with me on the plane, but we'll see how much gets done. I may just nap instead.

In the meantime, I submitted one of my sad February quilts for a "ghost for a ghost" project over on Astulabee's Blog and Flickr page. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Mixing-Katie said...

I didn't realize you work in the comic book industry! How cool! I've been reading a lot of comics lately.