Monday, March 02, 2009

Someone's masterpiece


Of all of the items in the bag of "cutter" quilts scraps I got, none were as sad as this one.
This is one half of two hand pieced applique bows and flowers bouquets that remained. I imagine this quilt was a bed sized piece with lots of this motif repeated throughout.
What's even more shocking is the tiny tiny crosshatch quilting around the bow.
This was someone's masterpiece. Hand appliqued and quilted. Now it's all cut up.
This turned out to be a good theme for this month, as the trip to NYC and a horrible horrible head cold sidelined a lot of quilting for me this month.
March also looks full, with another work trip, my guild's quilt show, and much more. Exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so sad....but I love what you are doing with them. I can see a group of these at a show as a reminder to take care of these precious pieces of the past!