Monday, July 07, 2008

Shrine to Nohohon Zoku

I love Nohohon Zoku (Hidamari No Tami) dolls from Japan. I collect them and put them in my office. I find most of them at the comic book shows my company sends me to. Gives me something to look for while I am there. I have about 10 of them now. This month's journal shrine quilt is a funny little Nohohon Zoku. I outlined him in grey because I thought black would be too harsh for this little guy. I am particularly proud of the soft pallate and my satin stitching. Not a fan of the leaf quilting I attempted, but, what can one do? The below pic is just some of my Hidamari, including some other "solar" toys on my desk.

2 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I have not seen these little guys before........this one looks so happy and his colours and background look so soft and peaceful....I could just pluck him out of the screen and let him run wild at my place.

Thanks for sharing,
Shirley

sophie-cat said...

:D I see those everywhere... I love the Tomorrow Frog one. :3