Monday, May 22, 2006

What's going on?

I haven't posted in a while so here are a few updates:

Here is the result of dyeing dryer sheets. I think they are very pretty. This is post Synthrapol and washing and the colors are still nice.

I've been working on circle designs based on Principles and Elements of art. I will have some fused samples by tomorrow to take to my OK Quilters meeting.


Also, I've been sidetracked with other crafts since my last post. I found out about amigurumi's, which are little crocheted animals and creatures. This month's Crochet Me online 'zine has an article about them. I was taught to crochet by a nun who lived on my block as a kid, so I do still dabble in crocheting.

Another thing that I have been obsessed with learning about are
kanzashi, the flowered headdresses worn by geisha. There are a few online tutorials on how to make them, and given my penchant for things in the third dimension, I will try my hand at them this weekend.

I also have been making things for the ATCards.com forum swaps I signed up for. I am very excited about making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), and even though I know I won't get quilted ones back in the swap, I am excited to try this out.

Lastly, here are some things on my design wall. One is a miniature based on my all time favorite painting, Beata Beatrix by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. There's thread play, some fused Angelina items from my workshop in Chicago, and a painted piece of Lutradur, from the Cloth Paper Scissors "Make it U" workshop.

No comments: