Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nachdenklich - My Arts and Old Lace entry

I had a really tough time deciding what to do with the fabric in my Arts & Old Lace challenge packet.  I went back to a sketchbook from High School, and immediately knew this face was what I had to use.  The borders are fabric manipulations, and the vintage lace and the drawing from my past make up the "old arts" I wanted to represent.
I titled this piece "Nachdenklich" which means "contemplation".  I find the face in the drawing very thoughtful, and I had lots of contemplative moments making each of the fabric manipulations.  
Mega thanks to Judy Gula and Cyndi Zacheis Souder for organizing the challenge and hosting our various locations the challenge will be travelling to throughout the year.  Be sure to visit Artistic Artifacts for fun stuff, and maybe you can find out more about our challenges there!

No comments: