Wednesday, January 04, 2012

This n That #34

Boy o Boy, it's been a while since my last This N That post, so, here goes!
***************************
My shop page is back open!
***************************
A Reminder that the episode of Quilting Arts TV with me in it airs Jan 5th in my hometown Chicago-land area!  Channel 20 (WYCC) PBS at 1:00pm CST!
***************************
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season, and got everything you wanted!  My Krampus quilt was picked up for the holidays by Mr. X Stitch, so that was a very nice surprise!
***************************
Craftzine.com picked my Nyan Cat Quilt as one of their best for 2011 in the Quilting category!  How awesome is that?  These other quilts are also very very cool, so you should check out that link for some nerdy quilt goodness.
***************************
Two large quilts are underway in my studio.  I'm very excited about them, but they are for competition, so I can't even post process photos... which is a bummer.  I see other people do this and I wonder how they get away with it. But I don't want to chance it, so I will have to work away in secret. One is long and skinny and the other is a pretty decent 40 inches across.  For me, that's HUGE!
***************************
During the New Year's break I will be working in my studio and ON my studio, to finish up the last of the "makeover" work I was doing this year.  I just need to find either an old timey dressform, or a reproduction  of one.  Suggestions?  Leave them in the comments!

1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

Thank you, Cheryl. The LED kit arrived this week. I can't wait to have my 30x30" quilt done for our quilt show in June. I will use it then. I LOVED the little flowers too. Happy new year!