Monday, July 11, 2011

This N That #30

First, some bloggy housekeeping issues:  I'm planning to do my "Back to Basics" posts on Tuesdays.  I really hope you enjoy them.  They are my tips on how I bust through slumps and creative blocks.
I'm also doing a few more "Technique of the Week" posts through July.  
I'm not forgetting my own weekly quilts for 2011, and have some major catch up to do on that front, so you will not only see bunches of those, but you will see some posts on why I do them, how to start your own, etc.  These are notes from a lecture that I offer called "What will you do with it?".  I don't have a schedule for those posts just yet, but they are coming! 
**********
A few upcoming deadlines means I'm working hard getting things ready to go out the door.  The "PowerSuit" challenge is coming up and I dutifully emptied my challenge packet and have been working hard to incorporate them into my piece. I'm nearly done executing the design and quilting is next. Can't wait!  They don't want to have them revealed until the show in August, so I'm being good about that, but I can't wait for you to see it.
**************
I am a SAQA member and our local chapter has a show coming called "Art and Science: Stitched Together".  I hurried to finish my piece and sent off my photos and entry form and now am waiting patiently to hear.  Notifications are Sept 15th.  There is no issue on disclosing the piece, so I plan to do so on a different post to give it it's due spotlight! 
**************
There's been a momma and daddy duck outside all summer, and these babies are all grown, but I could not resist posting them for you to see.  She had nine little ducklings and they all made it to adulthood.  I called the momma and daddy duck "George and Gracie".  

1 comment:

Lynne said...

My DD would love that photo - she is very fond of ducks!