Friday, May 06, 2011

The bedroom makeover project

My DH and I have lived with this bedroom for the 4 years since our move to Chicago from Baltimore.  Not seen in this horrible picture is the tray table I have used as a night stand.  The house was built in 2001, and it's still "builder white".  We also carried over some of our IKEA furniture, from when we were a struggling young couple who could barely make ends meet.

We hired a painter.  Ever since the days when I was stuck in Maryland trying to sell the house with DH in Illinois at the new job I swore I would never tackle a large painting job again.

Here's the final color on the walls before the new furniture.  Lillith and Vermithraxis are doing a final inspection of the painter's work. 

TADA!  Grown up furniture.  We saw this set in a furniture store just after I moved here in 2007, and we wistfully fell in love with it, but couldn't afford it.  Since then I have been checking the manufacturer's website every 6 months to make sure it hasn't been discontinued. The bed posts have a metal climbing vine with black metal roses in the frames.  Sort of "goth"?  Ha ha  We're very happy with it.

Now we just need curtains, lamps, wall art, new pillows, and eventually a better mattress.  But all things in due time, right?  The cats like it a lot, especially Bastet. (And yes, that's Legolas on the TV, I was watching LOTR).

No comments: