Monday, April 11, 2011

Cincinnati- Day 4, thoughts, and Show N Tell

Sunday morning, Catherine and I packed up and took one more spin around the show floor before getting into the car and driving back to Chicagoland.  The show floor was quiet today.
So, what did I think of IQF Cincinnati?  Well, first of all I had an overall good time, so don't let any of the following comments make you think that wasn't the case.   My main issue is that without Make It University at the show, there is almost literally NOTHING to do on your vendor shopping day.  For those of us who go to these shows over multiple days, MIU is a staple of the show.  Without it there, and all of the art vendors surrounding it, was a letdown for me personally.  If you want it back, you must be sure to tell IQF that you would like to see it next year!  
So, show and tell?  Here's everything I bought, and holy cow, it was a doozy.
Beautiful hand dyed linens from Wendy Richardson.
I love antique linens, so this pair of trimmed pillowcases needed to go home with me.
Pebeo Setacolor fabric paint in shimmery opaque colors!  YUM
These cool bits and bobs came from Random Arts!  They were sooo nice and fun to talk to!
Fabric from Fat Quarter Queen.  You can never have enough yellow.
Fun stamps and fabric dyed bits from Judy Gula of Artistic Artifacts.  She was so nice!  And I got a new foot for my Janome!
You can never have enough thread.  YUM  From Superior (my favorite) and Aurifil.
My cat Lillith decided I was not taking enough pictures of her with these shots and decided to sidle up to my stack of Cherrywood Fabrics.  I have been using so much of these in my work lately I decided to fill in some colors I was missing.
So that's it for my trip to Cincy!  Hope you enjoyed!  

1 comment:

Wabbit said...

Cool stuff! I have that ATC stamp and love it. I haven't seen anyone else using it yet so we must be the only two! ;-)) Someday I'll get to IQF.