Friday, February 11, 2011

This N That #24

Our guild hosted Lyric Kinard and I got to take a class with her.  So much fun.  Lyric is a major inspiration to me and I was thrilled to "officially" meet her (not just via online) and also take her class!   We learned about the elements of art and had a "Bad art day" where we gave ourselves permission to play with fabric samples and not get caught up in the minutia of it all.  We focused on the principles and elements of good art design, and I can't wait to take these exercises further.
*******************
Ok, the Superbowl.  We are Steelers fans, so the Superbowl was not so Super.  But the halftime show!! I love BEP, and while the performance was so-so, the light up costumes!  OH. MY. GOSH.  Loved them, and the thing was... I can do that!  I can make that!  It made me feel very good. Also, I had a bunch of folks messgae me to say "I thought of you!" and that made me feel good.
*******************
The "And then we set it on fire" girls are playing with wax and Batik this month!   I have wax, have wax pot.  Now need to get my stuff out and do it!
*******************
We got hammered by the 20 + inches of snow, but reason #2957 that working from home sometimes stinks is that I didn't get the "snow day" that everyone else did.  I was jealous of the tweets, FB status updates, and blog posts of my quilty friends saying they were busily sewing while I was busily working.  Boo hiss.
*******************
Work travel begins again and I have to refresh my travel sewing kit.  Those projects are a little stale!

No comments: