Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hankies

"Here, take my handkerchief. Never, at any crisis of your life, have I known you to have a handkerchief." 
- Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind


There is precisely one box of tissues in my house.  It's for my husband or any guests.  That's because a couple of years ago I switched to using handkerchiefs instead of tissues.  This is only some of my collection.  I love how pretty some of them are, and I admit shuffling the nicer ones to the bottom of the pile if I can't bear to blow my nose on them. 
I'm always on the look out for pretty little hankies to add to my pile.  I will someday make a nice box for them to all sit in.
I guess the only other tissues I carry are those little ones in my purse in case of "emergencies".  Once in an airport I saw a woman crying, and having had an airport meltdown or two myself, I reached into my purse and didn't have anything to offer her.  Now I keep those tissues just in case. 

2 comments:

CP said...

Would you have given her one of your nice hankies?

I bet you would have...

The New Politics said...

Embellishing hankies: what a great idea!