Friday, January 28, 2011

This N That #23 - Birthday Edition

How you know it's cold in my house...Lilly is a blanket hog.
The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be... I will be a dusty old ancient 38 years old today.
*********************************
My friend, Melly, is not feeling so good.  Dear Melly and I co-won the infamous "tiara" competition at the Chicago International Quilt Festival some years back.  It's all Melly's fault that she introduced me to Pokey from Quilting Arts, so I went from QA groupie to QA volunteer to QA published artist and beyond.  I love Melly's attitude towards art; she is such an inspiration.  She's young and fearless and I want to be just like her when I grow up.  I'm crushed that she's not well, but because I LURVE HER, I'm making her some cRaZy hats...because I love silly hats!
**********************************
I will be away for my birthday at a lovely sewing retreat put together by my friend Marie, who was in the Baltimore Guild with me.  There are supposed to be massages.  I don't know if I'm more stoked for the sewing getaway or the massages!!  ha ha
**********************************
I've been feeling a bit "glum" because of the lack of sunshine around here lately.  I've not been a victim of SAD or "winter blues" before, so it's very unusual.  It's been making working from home very isolating.  Sunny days can't get here fast enough.
"Cheer up, momma" says Lilly, with Vermithraxis sleeping in the background.
**********************************
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial for the mini quilt stands I made for my Houston trip, and I am working on more fun stuff for the blog and website to appear very soon! 

1 comment:

Jackie said...

It was awful to read about Melly... she sure has lots of people pulling for her though... hope you see sunshine soon!