Sunday, January 09, 2011

New Weekly Quilts and January's theme

While I finish up the Technique of the Week weekly quilt series (due in no small part to my crazy summer schedule), I did decide (with all of your help) to go back to monthly changing themes for my weekly quilts in this new larger 8 x 8 inch size.
It was comforting to be back to sketching out ideas in my sketchbook, planning out ideas for this and future months.  I also like how these looked in their groups on my website as I posted them.  It's nice to take a theme and stretch it out to it's furthest possibilities, and this coupled with the small size, is a nice exercise.
So, that all being said, January's theme is the same as the Japanese New Year animal, the rabbit (usagi).  For this first one I made this Japanese feel work with my Cherrywood dye fabrics.  It's a soothing scene for the beginning of the year and feels good after the chaos that was 2010 (both good and bad).

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is a cute little rabbit!