Thursday, May 13, 2010

A quilt made earlier this year but never posted

I realized I had never posted this lil quilt, made for a guy that works for/with me in the comic book biz.  He was in a very serious car accident and sometimes when that happens, you feel like you have to put your sad/worried/upset energy into something productive.  Like the Katrina quilts, or the 9-11 tragedy quilts, people just sometimes have to express how they feel or want to do something to help.  
This lap quilt was quickly pieced over the holidays and then quilted in January for delivery when I went back to Baltimore in February.  I was snowed into my hotel for 3 of the office day of a week long visit, and on the last day of the trip got to hand it to him in person.  It was a good feeling to do something comforting for someone.  Luckily my guy is doing great!  
I sure hope he likes Spider-Man...  I never really asked, but since we work for the comic book world I thought it was appropriate.  I never got to take this quilt to guild to show them that I do work on quilts larger than 8 inches square!

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Cheryl,

I love the color intensity of your quilt. Color seems to energize me and since buying those precut 5"X5" square of fabrics in different colors, I'm having more energy to do quilts. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jackie said...

I love it,,, cute and fun.. and mostly cause my 3 little boys love Spiderman.
Thanks for sharing!

cp said...

That turned out great! I love the flame fabric around the edges, especially.