Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This n That #9

Well, so much is going on... 
*************************
Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday May 1st.  If you like comic books, you should visit FreeComicBookDay.com and find a store near you and get a free comic.  It's part of my day job, so go and have some fun May 1st.
*************************
I look up random crazy things as I hear about them, and someone on one of the QuiltArt threads about favorite movies listed one about the Donner Party.  I had never heard of this event in US history, so I went to look it up.  Pretty amazing, gruesome, and sad all wrapped up into one long winter event. 
*************************
I've been tinkering a bit in my garden outside my office window each day after work.  I planted 2 new peonies, a lilac, and an azalea.  I just need a rose, and I'm all set with that garden.  I got the peonies from Peony's Envy .
*************************
 This image of Marilyn was made for my good friend Nance, whose birthday was right before the C2E2 comic book show which we both were in town for.  I was happy to make this for her, as she's a huge Marilyn Monroe fan.  It's 8.5 x 11 inches. It's stenciled and then quilted.
*************************
My DH and I want to learn German so we can visit Germany.  I love German industrial heavy metal music, and some lyrics and turns of phrases would make great titles for quilts. :)

No comments: