Sunday, January 17, 2010

Technique of the Week #3 - Painted Fusible Web


















Project Hours: About 3
Design and materials: about 1 hour
Execution: About 2 hours

This technique I had heard about on Quilting Arts TV.  Pokey Bolton does a quick demonstration of it on the show, but I got more information about this technique in Jane Davila's and Elin Waterston's book Art Quilts At Play.  

The texture of the WonderUnder is visible in this technique and I don't know of any fusible that is completely smooth, so this technique will always have some element of surprise.  I was pleased that my koi fish came out looking like it had scales on it. I also realized once I was finished that I could not iron the image after removing the backing paper... It would stick to your iron.  


That said, this was an easy, quick, and fun technique.


I am going ona  quilt retreat this upcoming weekend, so it should be lots of fun to get my sewing groove on for 3 days uninterrupted. 

No comments: