Friday, July 31, 2009

This n That #5

Rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated, I happened to be in San Diego for the Comic Con International show, also known as the "Nerd Prom". I saw a great many things, and did a lot of fun things, and worked a lot too. It was a good show.
******************************
I just finished reading Johnny Got His Gun, which was a movie and also the subject of Metallica's One video. It's the story of a WWI soldier who loses his face, sight, hearing, legs and arms, and is a prisoner in his own body as his mind works perfectly. It was a quick read, and I actually said "wow" out loud a few times. It's a classic book, if you haven't read it.
******************************
I know, I know, I am way behind on posting the photos of the weekly quilts. Since I had a weekend at home this weekend, I planned to get the site and this blog updated with them...see how that went? :)
******************************

My first month as Riverwalk Quilter's Guild president has had a few moments of drama, but I'm expecting the rest of the year to go smoothly.
******************************
I love to write letters almost as much as I love getting them. I do have to say getting them eeks out ahead in the "love" dept. but I still love to sit down and pen a few letters, which I did last night.
******************************
I bought "The Art of Manipulating Fabric" which i
s so insanely good, and I CANNOT wait to try some of the tricks out on my quilts. I LOVE the look of some of these "multiple technique" works, though the originals were all done in muslin. I wonder how some of this would look in colors. I have a few ideas, and would like to try some out as weekly quilts, maybe even in August, as I haven't picked a theme yet.


No comments: