Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tuesday night is Guild Night!


I love guild night. I can't wait to see my quilt-y friends, and we all get to show off what we have been doing. December's meeting means that there will be showing of gifts for others before they get wrapped up and sent away.

Well, that was before the weather intervened... I ended up running the meeting (I'm Vice President), and we had fewer folks turn out than usual. However, our speaker was fantastic! We had Judy Coates Perez as our special guest and she had a very nice presentation on how she makes her painted quilts. One of the perks of Chicago area living is the cool Chicago quilt artists! (Of which, I hope I am included one day) Both Judy and Robbi Eklow had the snowiest nights to come to our guild meeting, so I am wondering if local artists have some kind of "winter mojo".


Here's a picture of Judy and I after her talk. I can't wait to take her Fiesta Ornaments class this weekend. That's "Primordial Sea" in the background, it's beautiful, and all painted on silk!
I'll post my show and tell later this evening, I hope. I didn't post this picture last night because I had to shovel the driveway after closing up the meeting. A late night, but so worth it!

No comments: