Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008's Resolutions

Looking back at my 2008 resolutions, I did some things well, and others... not so well. But here's a quick rundown of how I did.

1. Continue the weekly quilt series. This time, each month will have a theme.
***Done and in the bag! I completed the entire year! Yay!

2. Start a new monthly series where the works are larger, 8.5 x 11 inches, vertical orientation.
***Well, after June, I go so busy traveling for work, only one project could be continued, and that was the weekly themes. So, after 6 months of faithful service, this one was retired. Boo hiss!

3. Enter my quilts into competitions. (3 quilts are started for entry into shows)
***Well, one was entered, and did not jury in. The other 2 never got finished. I love both ideas, and will still continue them, but with traveling over 21,000 miles for work, I think I can safely say "I did not have time". I have given this topic the most thought in 2008, and I am not sure if entering shows is right for me just yet. I'll try my hand at a few magazine entry contests first.

4. "use it up!" I buy so much personal care products that I have too much. This year, I am not allowed to buy more until I use up all of what I have on hand. Except fabric and art supplies... I can never have too much.
***I completed this one, and I have never been more happy to go and buy shampoo. I hoard soap and shampoo from hotels, and that kept me from buying any this year. I have the driest skin and crispiest hair you ever saw, and I won't ever feel bad for buying (and using until it's gone) a good bar of soap or bottle of shampoo. I still, however, have tons of bottles of lotion and handcreme that I could bathe in and still not use up. That will be for next year. This idea is going to be modified into a whole eco-thing for me next year.

5. Write more letters. Keep in touch with distant friends and family. Who doesn't love to get a letter?
***I did very well on this mostly.... and again, traveling got a bit in the way, but I still love to give and recieve paper mail, so I plan to continue this into 2009.

6. See the bottom of the blog for the obligatory weight loss one...
***UGH. This SUCKED. I failed miserably at controlling my weight, and it's spiralling out of control. A doctor's visit will again be in order in 2009 to get this under control for good.

7. Blog more!
***Well, I added the "B.W.O." link to the right because I should not feel "obligated" to blog. For me, that takes the fun and the life right out of it. I know it's a great way to keep in touch with my friends, so I do want to make updates when I can. I love to show off my artwork, and this is how I do so, so I have been trying to do that more. I will happily blog into 2009, and hope to post my resolutions soon!

No comments: