Monday, June 23, 2008

Charlotte Update

I'm back from Charlotte, NC only to RUN right back out to another show. This time Wizard World Chicago. I'll be staying at the show area in Rosemont rather than at the house which is an hour away. Less gas.

Anyway, Charlotte was a hoot. Lots of neat artists and creators. I will not have time to list them all but here are a few highlights:

Marc and Katie from Acme and FX International were loads of fun and we got to meet Katie's 'lil HellBoy!

Scott Campbell (not to be confused with other industry Scott Campbells) was so sweet and really cool. I love Pyramid Car! And this print!

I also met Donna from Steam Crow Press. So nice, and loved her mini pins.

Michael Wood is turning 35 this week, and from Pittsburgh, who I bought some indy comics from.

The folks at Imaginism were there, (Kei Acedera) and I chatted briefly.

Hilary Florido was sooooo cool. Yay! I love STUFF! "Stuff rocks!"

I bought a handmade pocket monster, which always amazes me the stuff you can find at these shows.

Todd of the Perhapanauts was very cool. Go Smelt fishing!

I also met Cully Hamner, Brian Stelfreeze, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, and Mike Weiringo's brother. I was getting coffee with this morning with Mike's brother and I asked if he had a good show, and after a few nice words and asking what parts of the industry I was in, I turned it around to find out he "was...is" Mike Weiringo's brother. I was stunned into silence and I can NEVER think of anything to say so I told him I hoped he had a good show and wished him safe travels. (Ugh, so terrible, I know.)

I really want to start a sketchbook of chickens, since that's my new work theme.

No comments: