Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Name dropping- Mimi Dietrich

I forget sometimes that I was mentioned in a book, and that my work appeared in it, though it's indistinguishable from other people's work in the book.
In the year 2000, I was taking Mimi Dietrich's famous Baltimore Album class at Seminole Sampler in Catonsville, MD. This was an expensive class, but met once a month for 12 months, and by the end of it, you were supposed to have finished 12 blocks for your album quilt.
During that year, Mimi was writing her Bed and Breakfast Quilts book. I worked on one of the applique blocks in the book, and my name appeared as a credit.
Mimi is one of the sweetest and nicest people you will meet, and there is no better applique teacher than her. I refer to my "BAQ" class notes all the time.

No comments: