Monday, February 25, 2008

Monthly Quilt #2- "Legend" by Ridley Scott

I guess you could say my theme for my monthly quilts are "personal shrines". This is another thing that I absolutely love.
I love the movie Legend, directed by Ridley Scott, and starring Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, and Tim Curry. It is my favorite movie, and even though it was released in 1985, and I was 12 years old, I still love it. Tim Curry is amazing as Darkness, the creature trying to extingiush all light from the world. I think he's my husband's favorite villain, besides Darth Vader.
Now, for many years I wanted to wear the black wedding dress Mia Sara's character Lili wears in the movie, but I recognize I am not built for this task. However, I wanted that dress in my quilt. Strangely enough in these internet days no production still exist of the dress, nor any costumer's sketches. The image of Lili is taken from the back of the Tangerine Dream soundtrack CD, which I prefer over the "original" score by Jerry Goldsmith.
I'm attaching a clip for you to enjoy, of my favorite scene:

6 comments:

Kaytee said...

I LOVE THIS!!! One of my favorite movies too!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was stumbling around looking at "Legend" images and found your stunning quilt! How beautiful! I love this film but no one I know seems to "get"it!
Thank you for sharing this!
Mere

Panlora said...

I also found this in an image search! Always a hardcore Legend fan. Who did the painting in the middle of your quilt? I really love it. Any chance of getting a copy of it?

Cheryl said...

The painting in the quilt is concept art from the jacket of the soundtrack CD.

panlora said...

So, any chance of getting a better copy of it?

Jennifer said...

I too love this quilt/print...have you/would you make another one, or how could I get the print? Really, really gorgeous! You can contact me through my website at:

http://www.faeryspellcreations.com

or through my etsy store at:

http://www.faeryspellcreations.etsy.com --thank you so much!