Monday, January 07, 2008

A new year, starting off right


Week one of year two's weekly quilt series.
Now here's the best part. This year, each weekly quilt month will have a theme. This month's theme is "line".
I lost a book I wanted to use for working on this, Color and Composition for the Creative Quilter by Katie Pasquini Masopust. I have this book, somewhere in my house. I can't find it. So I tried to remember one of the lessons in it. Anyway, this composition is an open one. Are things coming out? Going in? Breaking apart? Pretty neat.

I'm screwing my courage to the sticking place and getting ready to use my Gocco. I'm very excited.

As for my resolution to enter artwork into competitions and shows...

The paper quilt for entry into the Quilting Arts' booth challenge is 70% finished.

The "close up" self portrait for entry int he Naperville Art League's close up challenge is 80% done.

The "Town and country" theme entry is 10% done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Japanese archway has come to life and is stumbling about!

Love the high contrast!