Sunday, November 04, 2007

Flames...flames, on the side of my face...

A threat becomes reality. I said I would do a fire block this week earlier in the week, and I did. Though I confess this idea has been knocking around in my head since the summer. I watched Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Vol 1. The backstory of the Lucy Liu character O-ren Ishii and the Yakuza scene. On the walls are these very cool Japanese flame graphics. See here, I cut out the blood splatter.

Anyway, I took this idea moths ago and wanted to do something with it. Then I bought the neatest variagated thread from Signature that was the greatest shades of red, yellow, and orange. When I started the car flames, I didn't know how exactly they would turn out. I think they look pretty good.
Next weekend I am in Baltimore for a day at the office and a bat mitzvah. This will hopefully be my last trip of the year. This weekend was a lot of quilting events, first being a local Mancuso show, and then BHQG's West River Retreat... oh, I will miss those retreats very, very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated that movie but love the quilt!

(Capt.S.Bana) said...

Cheryl,
I was researching the net for 'Kill Bill Artwork in Popular Culture & stumbled upon your Yakuza Scene 'blood splatter' & ' flames' Quilt work. It is absolutely fascinating.
I was making a private collection from the internet of the various Artwork related to the Movie & would like to include this picture, kindly allow.
Sanjeev