Sunday, August 05, 2007

What's old is new again

What is old is new again this week for my weekly project. I have cracked out this old square, a U.F.O. as it were. (UnFinished Object)
This project was started at a retreat several years ago, out of a Quilts Japan magazine from 2002. It is not squished, like it is shown here in my scan. I did practice my microstipple quilting on this project.

My other weekend accomplishment are some abstract ATCs for a swap online.

I love the fabric here and enjoyed making and beading them.

I bought two new books, one by Stampington And Co called "Artful Blogging", and another called Creative Embellishments by Sherril Kahn. Creative Embellishments is good, and has some neat projects that I would like to try on fabric only. Artful Blogging was light on "content", although there were pretty pictures, and gave me a few more blogs to read each day. I don't think I'll buy this one again.
More shows coming up this this week, Wizard World Chicago. And a visit from my mom. Going to be busy!!




No comments: