Monday, August 13, 2007

Radical art

My attempt at subversive art is shown here. The ghost and the blob are from a sketch made on 8/5/07, inspired by the San Diego Comic Con. Maybe Pac-man influenced too, DH says he sees the ghost and power pellet. I did the hatching embroidery during my sister's play on Sunday. (I had seen it before...and it was outdoors... I was not a bad patron!)

I also attended the Wizard World Chicago show on Thursday and Friday, and met the following artists:
Josh Johnson- great brown art www.spindletons.com
Christopher Uminga- love this subversive style www.cuminga.com
Samantha Kyle- and her funny webcomic www.randomassembly.com
Kei Acedera from www.ImaginismStudios.com - Great art.
Anna Borowiecka- beautiful fantasy stuff www.wingedchime.net
Corwin Gibson Neat stuff at Luchadork
Misty Coats of www.crimsonsonata.com
Erika of www.simplyerika.com who has beautiful work
Doug Kovacs of Planescape DnD fame! www.dougkovacs.com
Katie Cook- how did I miss you at SDCC? www.katiecandraw.com cute!
Cynthia Cummens- also an ACEO artist! Who knew? www.cynthiacummensart.com

No comments: