Sunday, November 05, 2006

Art, for art's sake


I did some non-quilty projects along with some more trading cards and journals. These are matchbox shrines done for a swap.

I am going away on another retreat in Nov., so I will get lots of work done there.

The journals are 6x6 inches and sent all over the world, the page with the geckos below is one made for one of the fellow artists.
I have been paticipating in fewer swaps in anticipation for the holidays, knowing I won't have the time commitments, among other reasons. The swaps haven't been as "fabric friendly" nor have my returns been on time or something I expected, so I'm just cutting back.



Did some wool felt beads and got back to making some kanzashi flowers. I need to get back to sewing during my lunch hour, away from my desk again. I miss that. I also need to seriously update my quilting pages of www.muppin.com.

We saw Mozart's Requiem on Saturday and it really inspired me to find a good recording of it and use it to fuel some quilt work.



The shrine I am working on is coming along, the beading is next, and there's a lot to be done. I want it to be "encrusted".

A fellow quilter gave me a three or so yard cut of a giant Egyptian print on a cotton-duck (or duck-like) fabric. It will fit the bathroom, so I need to sew grommets and hems and make it our shower curtain. The fabric cost her a dollar at a quilt show. :)

No comments: