Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back from Chicago's International Quilt Festival

Wow. What a great time I had at the quilt show in Chicago. I took great classes and met lots of people. I enjoyed the classes offered by Cloth-Paper-Scissors and their "Make-It-U!" section. This was fantastic, an hour long class in something new and exciting for only $5! I only wish I had time to take more classes there. Next year I suppose...

I took a class on using Angelina Fibers from Betty Blais, who is one of the nicest people around. I was "teacher's pet" which you sign up for before the class, and that means you sign people in, help the teacher, etc, and you get a pin for doing so after the class. Betty was great and I'll scan what I made in class soon.

I met a nice lady in line waiting for an ATC (Artist Trading Card) class and we decided to trade through the mail. My cards that I made to trade are now up on the trading card section of my site.

Now, the best thing about the whole show? I mean, the thing that made my week? My trading card that I mailed in to Quilting Arts Magazine was on the wall among about 150-200 other trading cards. I was elated, like somehow I had finally "made it". Now, yes, there were about 200 up there, but the magazine said over 800 were mailed in. I'm posting a pic or two here but I'm sorry there is no way to credit those hanging near mine, they were not listed with names...


Mine is the one with the yellow top left triangle. The image I took of it before I mailed it off is on my website.

It totally made my day, week, month....

No comments: